Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where did that week go???

Once again I find myself getting onto my blog and realizing another week has flown by and no posting or card dropping has been done. Thank you to everyone who has continued to drop in on me and to all of the new droppers a big thank you as well. I feel really bad that I have let this slide. Between having sick family members last week and having my fiance's grand kids several days this week and a whole slew of life's problems, I just have not had time to get on here. My plate has been way too full lately and I unfortunately have had to let a few things slide for a bit. I will really be glad when life maybe at least comes to some sort of an even keel again. With the economy the way that it is I don't expect life too be easy any time soon, but a little breathing room would really be nice.
The job market is horrible in our area and especially in my former career path, there is just nothing out there, And I cant afford to drive 1-2 hours to get to a larger city where there may be work in my field of expertise,and we definitely cant afford to move. Ive done the commuter thing for the last 4 and half years and by the time you pay for all of the extra expenses relating to travel and the extra wear and tear on your vehicle(miles, gas, oil, tires, higher insurance) and the parking garage fees etc etc, (none of which my salary made up for) and they took out taxes and the high costs of health insurance and you account for the 10-12 hours, I was losing every week in travel time( unpaid) and you quickly realized that you weren't really bringing home any money to help the monthly budget out with. So I'm left with trying to figure out what to do. I don't believe my field is a lucrative field at the moment or any time in the near future. I have had numerous people tell me its a blessing to get myself out of this field and start over in something more secure. I have had several ideas thrown at me, but I just don't know yet. If I have to start over then I want to be able to do something I really like and want to do for the next 25 years plus and I want it to be flexible as well. So I am looking into a few ideas and even thinking about going back to school.

Add on top of that all of the college financial aid paperwork we are dealing with for the youngest daughter and the middle daughter is in the process of making sure her financial aid and scholarships are set in place for next year and working on her schedule for next year and its time to redo her housing contract.

Add on top of that my unemployment hasn't kicked in yet and alot of that is pretty much now due to the fact there is a dispute with my former employer over 6 weeks of unpaid but earned vacation time that they haven't given me yet and the unemployment office is holding off my payments until that is resolved. Soooo more stress and an added financial burden. Looks like I am going to have to get an attorney involved( which I cant afford) against the former employer, to get this process moving.

Add on top of that the stress of figuring out what to do with a brand new business my better half just started 2 years ago. The economy has hurt us alot, it was the wrong time to start a business and alot of major problems with a partner that originally started in the business, with him and we are having to make some painful and huge decisions for the business. So we have been tied up in making plans for the business so that it can go on in a new form this year. Long story needless to say. Just like in a marriage you had better know who your partner is, so that little surprises after the fact don't come out and bite you in the rear and its too late. We got bitten. We take blame for bringing this person into the business so we have to deal with that mess and get ourselves out of it but then add in a bad economy and a new business is not a good place to be.

So as you can see we have too much on our plate right now and we are trying to work thru it bit by bit and start cleaning off this garbage and get a better life moving for us. We just seem to be getting hit form all sides with bad news, the economy is affecting every portion of our lives and forcing us to completely review and start over.

So please forgive me if I don't get on here as often as I should. Ive got alot of issues to deal with right now and they are taking all of my attention. Also as the weather keeps improving I will also get tied up in the farmers market, the vegetable and flower gardens, and crafting. So Spring and summer will also slow me down from getting on the computer as much as well. But please hang in there with me and I will Post as often as I can.

Its a good thing I am an organized person and I can multi task like crazy and I thrive at having multiple things thrown at me at once, but even this has gotten to be a bit much. I dont care who you are we all of us reach that point where we just feel like we cant handle one more thing. Its as if our whole life is being remodeled right now. We are tearing down and rebuilding from the ground up.

Now I have to head out for an approx 6 1/2 hour round road trip to go and get my middle daughter form college. Its spring break for her! So she will be home for the next 10 days. Yeah!!! Something good to look forward to this week. We really need it.

Thanks for checking in with me and I know that there are alot of us out there struggling thru life right now. Keep the faith, call me crazy but I believe it will work out in the end, no matter how bad things seems now. I really hope that 2-3 years from now we can all look back and say ahhhhhh thats why that had to happen and I really am in a better place now. Hang onto your hopes and dreams!

Road trip awaits!!! Bye!

1 comment:

na said...

Have fun and drive carefully! Don't worry...it will get better and we will just all have to stick together to make it through this rough time. call me if you ever need to talk.