Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Changes....

So we have still been wading thru the mess of disentangling ourselves from our business partner and the business, that will take a while yet to finish resolving. In the meantime we have had to get on with life and pick up and start all over. I'm still trying to figure out my career moves but I would really like to get this Farmers market, produce, floral, crafts, and holiday Bazaar business up and running to the point where it can at least pay a chunk of the household bills and I can just stay home and work this business. I still believe the concept of the nursery we started can still work. So we are coming up with a new name and starting over. We wont have a greenhouse to work out of this year but plan on having one next year. So we start out slow this year and rebuild. We will only move as fast as customer demand will allow us to and as far as financial means will allow us. I plan on doing this all without any debt this time. We still are getting such positive feed back from customers and interest in buying products from us, that I really believe had this darn recession not hurt us so badly the last year and a half and the partnership either hadn't went bad or had never existed in the first place, that this 3rd year would have been a big turning point to the positive for the business. So I am reluctant to give up the idea yet. I just have to scale it way, way back and start over. So I have a few business name options floating around in my head and soon will have to decide for sure. I plan on working the farmers market 2 times a week from June 1 thru Oct 31 and then the holiday Bazaars start in October and run thru December so I believe I can get a very good running start on this new venture, by the end of the year. So the first business activity we have coming up is for Mothers day. So The last week of April I will be very busy getting my plants all prettied up to sell at one of our farmers market locations. So hopefully things will start to turn the corner for us.
We have decided tp put in 2 gardens this year back by the house. Last year it was behind the greenhouses, but we cant do that this year. One garden will be for Pumpkins, gourds, and long term viney growing items. The 2nd garden will be for tomatoes, beans, radishes, lettice, onions broccoli and cauliflower, beets, etc, etc. Now we just have to get the ground worked up and tilled. That will be the next project. I can work the garden once its prepared but until then I am kind of stuck until my better half finds some free time form his job to get the ground worked up.

Are you starting your garden yet or are you in the planning stages yet, like us??

No comments: