Saturday, December 27, 2008

The meaning of Love....

Like so many other families the economy's hardships has put a strain on our budget this year and Christmas funds were very limited. My fiance and I had agreed to not get each other anything and make sure we at least got gifts for the 2 grand babies. It was hard explaining to my 3 girls and stepson that for the first time ever we were short on cash for Christmas and that family togetherness and special meals was going to be a huge part of our Christmas time this year. They have all been very understanding and are all of an age to understand that the whole world is struggling financially this year. My fiance though, bless his heart sold his scuba gear to get me a gift anyway. He didn't use the scuba gear much and had talked about selling it but had never been able to do anything with it. So he decided that this was the time and he wanted to give me a Christmas present even though he didn't have the spare cash this year. So he sold something that he really didn't need to have, to be able to give me a gift. His gift, ( which I absolutely love) isn't as important as the special meaning of what he did to make sure he could bring a smile to my face for Christmas. Was your Christmas special too???

1 comment:

Ali said...

What a beautiful story! I dropped by here on an EntreCard drop and I found this beautiful, well-written article. Thanks for a good read!!

--
Going2Oahu's Mist Recent Blog Post
You've Got Mail - The Cheapest Airline Fights May Be In Your Inbox