Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baking day... Ups and Downs

My friendship bread starter was finally at day 10 so I was all excited to make my 2 loaves of bread today! Unfortunately the finished product did not turn out as well and my anticipation will have to wait another 10 days. I should have stuck to my original friendship bread recipe, as everyone loves that! But No, I had to try a variation on the original recipe that I found online. The differences were so little that I wouldn't have thought it would have changed it so much. The main differences from the original was this other recipe called for 2 boxes of vanilla instant pudding, instead of 1( everyone loves vanilla and more vanilla had to be better right? or so I thought) and it called for vegetable oil and applesauce instead of just veg. oil, and this version didn't call for cinnamon and sugar to be sprinkled on the bottom of the pan and the top of the loaf like my version does. Like I said very small changes but enough to change the whole flavor and texture. Its definitely edible but its just not what I am used to. So back to the original in 10 days. Round 2! Since the bread didn't turn out as well as planned I decided to make up a triple batch of chocolate chip cookies to stash in the freezer for my sweetheart, A cookie monster he is.

No comments: