Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baking Bread

As the days of my hard core spring cleaning are coming to an end I am looking for other ways to get used to being at home on a daily basis. I am not one to just sit around, I have to keep busy. I love to cook but with a demanding job, kids, and all of the activities at the school, a significant other, 3 dogs, and a house to take care of ,I had always been in constant high gear and I didn't have the time to cook like I really would have liked to. So, much to my better half's delight, I have been able to start cooking regular home cooked meals again and other treats that I just didn't have time for. Cookies for one thing, he has a sweet tooth and loves cookies, along with other sweets but cookies are his favorite! So no more store bought cookies while Life is restructuring itself in our lives. I also have a bread machine that has been collecting dust and I pulled it out and cleaned it up yesterday and I made a loaf of home made bread yesterday. Absolutely wonderful!! Once in a great while I would pull the bread maker out and I would just buy a box mix for bread making and while they were good, actually making a loaf from scratch is soooooooooo much better, So I will be making bread at least once a week for the family. I also mixed up a batch of friendship bread starter up on Monday so in another 6 days I will be ready to start sharing my starter mix with friends but I will also be ready to bake up my first batch of the bread. Yummy!!!!!!!!!