Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday...

I just realized today that my postings have been lacking. I started a couple and saved them and then never finished them. I have been keeping up on my card drops but the blog posting kind of just fell away for the last week. My mind has been on other things and I haven't felt much like writing, so I have been on my spring cleaning quest yet again this last week. I cleaned all of the surfaces of the living room furniture, swept under the cushions, etc, I ran the cobweb wand around all of the corners of the house and I cleaned the ceiling fan blades, and dusted in every imaginable corner that normally doesn't get done every week. I even got to clean the garage, although that was not a job I had in mind to do! We keep an older fridge out in the garage and we use it for overflow food items( mostly at the holidays ) and for holding all of our sodas, water, juices etc. My youngest daughter went to go to school one day last week and she always grabs something to drink, on her way out the door. Unfortunately when she opened the door, the all ready loose side door shelf holder, busted the rest of the way off and bottles and cans of all kinds fell out and onto the garage floor. Breaking of course and leaking a very nasty sticky concoction all over the floor of the garage and a chunk of carpet we keep at the back door to wipe our feet on. This was no little job to be easily cleaned up with a paper towel! This was a move the car out of the garage and get the hose out and spray the floor down and scrub it with a broom to get rid of all of this stickiness. I also had to get the carpet cleaner out and clean the chunk of carpet. So I figured if I was going to have to go to this much work anyway I might as well clean a few shelves out in the garage and straighten a few things up and run the cobweb wand around in the garage and clean up the walls too. So several hours later the garage was very clean, mind you I was wet, dirty and cold but the garage was clean! I clean my house every week and I keep it very clean, overly clean according to my daughters but we all have those in depth cleaning projects that we only get to a few times a year and since I have extra time now I am getting them all done. If it was only nice outside...

No comments: