Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bookkeeping!

I am happy to say that I have all of my info updated in quickbooks, as I had thought I had let things go further than I like. Mind you quickbooks is easy to work with, but if you let your receipts pile up, it can be a daunting issue to look at how high the pile is. I love just about anything to do with accounting so that's not the reason, I always fall behind, in my inputting, of my entries. Usually I do really well until the greenhouse is in full madhouse rush stage in the spring/early summer and then the receipts just start getting shoved into a file folder and I keep telling myself the next week will be better, I will get to them then. But as is normal we don't come up for air until late fall and by then the pile of receipts is so large that I just dread the thought of even starting on them, as I know it will be a full days work or more to get caught up. 6 hours today just sitting at the computer and sorting thru receipts and inputting them into the computer! Luckily nothing else was going on today with my better half or the kids and I was able to work straight thru without any interruptions, which is very, very rare. So now I just have to wait for the rest of our w-2's and other tax docs to arrive in the mail and we will be ready to go see the accountant. Hopefully that will bring good news and not a tax bill owing. Oh well, for now I will just dream about how great a refund would be. Are you dreaming of a tax refund too??

No comments: