Monday, January 5, 2009

FAFSA's---WHEEEEWW its out of the way

For those of you that have college students or high school seniors graduating this year and are planning on going off to college, you know its time to submit your FAFSA online. This makes the third year I have had to fill one out. I remember sitting in a college funding meeting with my oldest daughter 3 years ago and listening to the counselor talk about how long the process was and how hard it could be to fill out the Fafsa, I also had several parents tell me how horrible it was and I had myself all set up to believe this was going to be an absolutely teeth pulling horrifying ordeal!!! I am thankful to say and can put your minds at ease, it was no where near as bad as I had thought it was going to be. Each year that I have had to do one it has gotten easier and faster. The system is very user friendly and hallelujah it saves info in it from one year to the next, all you have to do is review the application and make updates were needed. Since this is the first year that I have 2 girls going to college next year it carries information over from one application to the next making the second childs FAFSA soooooo easy to do. I always like to get the Fafsa done as early as is possible as I believe the earlier you get your financial aid requests in the better shot you have of getting approved early and for more options. So if you have a child going off, to college next fall, jump in and get your fafsa done, its really not that bad.

No comments: