Friday, January 16, 2009

More spring cleaning!

I know its not really spring but it is so nice to be able to say the word. I can dream right??? But I am doing my major cleaning jobs now, that alot of people wait and do in March or April, when its warm enough to open the windows and doors. January and February are our down months so we get as much as we can get done now. When spring breaks the greenhouses will take up all of our time and I wont have time for all of these in depth cleaning chores and painting that I am getting done now. So since the weather again has forced us to stay inside the last few days I am now scrubbing carpets. I usually have my carpets professionally cleaned once a year and this year I will have that done mid May, in preparation for my youngest daughters graduation, from high school. I have a carpet cleaning machine of my own and I use that in between professional cleanings to keep the carpets looking good. Since we also have a new puppy in the house we have been potty training, I have been cleaning the carpets myself a little more often. I cleaned them right before Christmas so that they would be all clean before we started having guests over for the Holidays. Unfortunately the puppy wasn't 100% trained yet so he has had a few accidents since the last cleaning. (mind you I always spot clean where ever he has an accident as soon as it happens, but its just not the same as getting the steam cleaner out and going over the whole floor) I am happy to report though that the puppy has went almost 2 weeks now without any accidents so I am hopeful that we are past this part of his training stages. So I cleaned the carpets in the living room, office area, and 2 of the 3 bedrooms, yesterday. Today I will tackle the 3rd bedroom and the family room. Then all of my floors will be completely cleaned! Yahoooo!

No comments: