Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy 18th!!

Today is my youngest daughters birthday, she is 18 today. I cant believe it! In a few short months she will be graduating from high school and then off to college in the fall. Then I will officially be a college Mom. Having 3 daughters has been the best gift of my life but its hard to believe they are growing up and I will soon not have any kids in high school anymore. Next fall I know will be hard as we will officially enter into the empty nesting phase. Even though my middle daughter just started college this year It was hard when I had to take her to college and leave her there and come home with out her. It was way harder that I thought it would be, It was hard when my oldest daughter got married and moved away also, a year and a half ago. Slowly they are leaving and giving me time to adjust but I know next fall will be hard. For so long it has been just me and my 3 girls. As hard as it was to leave my middle daughter at college this past fall , I have quickly settled into realizing it is just college and she gets to come every few weeks and that she will still be home every summer. Mind you I fully realize that as she gets older and makes more new friends at college that she wont be as excited about coming home for every single college break but for now my youngest 2 will be around be a few more years even if it is just for breaks from college. So I will get a little more time to transition to the stage when it will just be me and my fiance' at home. So for now my 19 and 18 year old daughters still need me and they aren't ready to start a home of their own yet. My baby is 18 today, where did the time go??? Several years ago I had a friend walk up to me on my youngest daughters birthday and she told me Happy Birthday! I reminded her my birthday wasn't for another month yet and today was my daughters. She said I know that, but you gave birth to her today, so today is really your birth-day. Today is a day of celebration for both of you! I have never forgotten what she told me that day, it really meant alot to me. Happy 18th Birthday to my Baby!!!

No comments: